*As always, you can subscribe to our weekly midweek message,or our monthly newsletter, "The Grapevine," for announcements, updates, and general information. Email Moe at firstname.lastname@example.org.*
Here's what's up...
- CHURCH IN THE PARK WORSHIP AND POTLUCK AUGUST 4TH AT 10:30, CHAPMAN PARK, MONTE VISTA.
August 4th, that's right, THIS WEEK, we will gather with the other United Methodists churches in the valley for a worship and potluck gathering. After service we're having a potluck in the park! Bring your food, your frisbees, and of course yourself because we will NOT be in the sanctuary that Sunday. I hope to see you there at 10:30!
- District zoom meeting at 7pm , Wednesday July 31st.
- We'll gather in the Library for a zoom meeting with our new District Superintendent, Reverend Chris Carr. This meeting is open to clergy and congregations in the Trinity District.
Heifer International Recognizes FUMC Alamosa!
HEIFER INTERNATIONAL GRATEFULLY RECOGNIZES Alamosa First Umc
For serving the Lord through faith efforts and exercising your gifts and donations to end hunger and poverty. This congregation has richly blessed families in need with gifts of livestock and agriculturally sound training to help families become self-reliant. “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done." PROVERBS 19:17
Tiene M. Feman, HEIFER INTERNATIONAL
Heifer President & CEO
Presented this 10th day of July, 2019
- School's starting soon!
- Classes start for both our kids and the University in the blink of an eye. But many of our kids don't have the means or resources to gather all of their supplies, or even new clothes (like socks and underwear) for the new year.
- If you have (a) child(ren) starting school in the next couple of weeks, would you be mindful to pick up some extra supplies, or swing by the clothing section for some boys and girls socks/underwear? You can drop them off at your school --they will know how to best distribute them to the kids and families who need them, or you can drop them off here at the church, or even to La Puente! You have so many options! Let's be good neighbors as best we can in our community.
- La Puente is also having a backpack drive until August 16th--they are requesting school supplies to fill their backpacks for the children a part of their neighboring network.
|Sunday Worship||10:15 AM|
|Children's Sunday School||10:30 AM|
Chancel Choir & Bell Choir
UNITED METHODIST WOMEN
Meets the second Tuesday of the month in the Memorial Room at NOON--starting back up September 10th.
We have a variety of groups from across our Conference and the States that we house during the summer for missions/mission work and service here in the valley.
Meets every Monday from 5:30-8:30pm
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS (AA)
Meets every Wednesday at NOON.
Adult Confirmation Class starting in the fall.
Email email@example.com if you're interested in joining!
"Social Principles" Study Small Group starting in the fall.
Check out their website and our "La Puente" tab for more information.